Reprinted from previous UU Planet post.
You have a smart phone, you’re on Facebook, you might even have an iPad. If you DO and you’re at General Assembly, it is time to try Twitter. I know you can do it and I want to follow your tweets. Here’s a quick guide.
- Find someone you know who is techie and probably tweets.
- Offer to buy them an ice coffee if they help you get set up on Twitter.
- Do what they say.
I’m serious! GA is the perfect time to get some social media and tech coaching from friends and colleagues.
We need to help each other to learn the communication tools of our time. I’ve found that one-on-one is best for some people, especially those who are anxious about trying. That’s why I’m doing more private clergy social media training these days. But I can’t do that for everyone. We need to help each other. If you are at GA and Tweet, try and teach one person how to do the same during the week.
Now that you are set up, make sure to do the following while your coach is standing by…
- Write your first tweet. If you’re at GA, include the hashtag #UUAGA.
- Next, have them show you how to search for a hashtag, that’s the keyword tags we use to create conversations. Search for #UUAGA by clicking here.
- Follow other UU’s tweeting using that tag.
- Follow me on Twitter @uuplanet. I’ll follow you back.
Let me know via Twitter if you’ve started Tweeting this GA.
Don’t forget to use the GA Hash Tag! When you tweet during GA, if you want all of us to follow it, include the tag #UUAGA.